Legalising the tourist sector in and around Sitges has been one of the initiative of the local Council to avoid unfair competition in this industry but also to guarantee the quality of the service from the property owners that decide to contribute to tourism and make their homes profitable during summer. So, if you own a villa or an apartment in Sitges or surroundings and you want to create some income for yourself you need to be prepared.
The steps to follow are:
- Your property must fulfill the requirements.
- You have to present the paper works required at the local Council Office in Sitges.
- Pay the tax fees.
- Then the Council will register your property in the books of Generalitat of Catalunya.
- The Council receives approval from the Generalitat.
- You are ready to start business
- The property owner must have DNI/NIE in the case of individuals or CIF in the case of legal entities.
- The property must have a certificate of habitability (cèdula d’habitabilitat).
- The Property can not be occupied with more people than indicated in the certificate.
- The property must be adequately furnished and equipped with appliances and utensils for its immediate use.
- The property owner must provide users, neighbors and relevant authorities a contact phone for immediate communication in case of incidents related to the holiday letting activity.
- The property owner must have an helpdesk and maintenance service of the property.
- The users must have access to a complaint form.
- Apply to the Council for an extra municipal garbage collection
- Display inside the house, the number of HUTB provided from the Generalitat de Catalunya.
The touristic license is only permitted in some areas in Sitges or in Sitges urbanization depending on the restrictions of each location.